Total views : 90
Make-in-MCE: A Differentiating Alumni Initiative in an Engineering College
Alumni associations present first-hand opportunities for educational institutions to understand the ever-changing demands and expectations of the industry and to develop their curriculum accordingly. Alumni given their professional experience can identify such areas at the institute which need improvement and can make best efforts to provide the same to current students to experience better learning. The project based learning offers several advantages to students and significantly guides and helps in their career immediately after graduation. One major issue with student projects is in getting a good problem to work and an effective mentoring. Our alumni have made a sincere and big attempt to address this problem. This paper presents a case study of the recent venture by our alumni to help ambitious students to launch their own venture immediately after graduation.
- Sivaprasad K, Role of Alumni Associations in the Holistic Development of Engineering Institutions, AICERA 2012, Amaljyothi Engineering College, Kanjirappally,Kerala, India, July 2012
- Merchant,A., and Ford, J. Nostalgia and giving to charity: A conceptual framework for discussion and research. International Journal of Non-profit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 13(1), 13-30, 2008
- Broom G., Casey S., and Ritchey J, Concept and theory of organization-public relationships. Journal of “Public relations as relationship management: A relational approach to the study and practice of public relations” (pp. 3-22). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers, 2000
- Noonan K., and Rosqueta K, "I'm Not Rockefeller": 33 High Net Worth Philanthropists Discuss Their Approach to Giving. Philadelpia: The Center for High Impact Philanthropy, University of Pennsylvania, 2008 Web site: http://www.impact.upenn.edu/
- K Sivaprasad and Ajay Asok Kumar, Roles of Alumni Associations in Professional Development of Engineers in Maritime Technology, Proceedings of International Seminar on the Education and Professional Development of Engineers in the Maritime Industry, Southampton, UK.14-15 November, RINA, London, 2012