Total views : 75
Imbibing Industry Requirements in Engineering Curriculum by Augmenting it with Industry Standard Simulation Tool
At the end of graduation, young engineers will be acquainted with rich theoretical background. However students lack applying this knowledge in real time. Hence darning of curriculum is required to meet at least few employer requirements. This can be done by industry- academia interaction. Considering the input of experts, course instructor should follow a well-focused and designed pedagogical method to train students. In this paper authors discuss about effective Teaching-Learning process for undergraduate students with an aid of Industry Standard simulation tool. It is proposed to use Industry Standard simulation tool PSpice for various mandatory courses like Circuit Analysis (CA),Analog Electronic Circuits (AEC), Digital Electronics Circuits (DEC). This helps in making students meet the preliminary step in the design of Embedded Systems.Typical PSpice simulation examples on each course mentioned above are included and possible outcomes and achievement of Performance indicators are also discussed.
Effective Tecahing-Leraning, Circuit Analysis, Analog Electronic Circuits, Digital Electronics Circuits, Industry Standard PSpice Simulator, Attainment of Program Outcomes.
- Lyle D. Feisel and Albert J. Rosa “The Role of the Laboratory in Un-dergraduate Engineering Education,”Journal of Engineering Education January 2005
- Anupama R Itagi and Varsha Tatti “Effective Teaching of Digital Electronics for Undergraduate Students Using a Free Circuit Simula-tion Software-SEQUEL. International conference on transformations in Engineering Education 2014.
- Milo D. Koretsky, Danielle Amatore, Connelly Barnes, and ShoKimura “Enhancement of Student Learning in Experimental Design Using a Virtual Laboratory ”IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol.51,NO.1, February 2008
- Users Guide, Or CADPSpice
- M. Morris Mano,“”Digital Logic and Computer Design”,Prentice Hall ofIndia Private limited, NewDelhi, 2000.
- A. Ayob, S.A. Osman, M.Z. Omar, N. Jamaluddin, N.T. Kofli, S. Johar “Industrial Training as Gateway to Engineering Career: Experience Sharing,6th International Forum on Engineering Education (IFEE2012)
- Margery H. Davis “Outcome-Based Education ”JVME30(3)copyright 2003AAVMC